1. After two days off from running, I headed back to the track this morning. My plan was to see how my ankle/leg felt warming up and, if there were no issues, run the tempo. Fortunately there was no pain whatsoever and I ended up with my best tempo to date. Apparently my body likes cooler temperatures and a few extra days of rest!
2. I always get a bit worried when new shoe models come out at the end of the year. I've definitely had bad experiences with updates (hello Asics 2150!). Now is the time that the current model is cheap and I'm pretty tempted to buy out the Internet and hoard some 2160s. I do have one pair that I bought at the Army Ten Miler expo that I'm going to start wearing in the next week or so, and that will be my marathon shoes. So how many more is it reasonable to buy? I know storing shoes for too long is probably not the best idea...
3. I signed up earlier this week to volunteer with some teammates at one of the Marine Corps Marathon water stations. I've actually never handed out water at a race before and I'm pretty excited about it! Though I'm a bit nervous that I'll mess up! I know I sometimes get annoyed when I get to a volunteer just as they are going back to the table to get more cups.
4. The Philadelphia marathon is now less than a month away. That's complete crazy talk! Where has this training cycle gone?
5. I feel like I've seen a lot of talk about 2012 racing plans on blogs and Twitter this week. I guess it's time for me to start doing some thinking. All I have on the schedule right now is the Goofy Challenge the first weekend of January. I know I'm going to want to take some time off after that, but maybe it's time to start planning for later in the year, at least in terms of marathons.