Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

The First Post

After hiding behind the curtain of anonymity offered by the Internet, reading blogs without commenting (perhaps for longer than is truly socially acceptable), it seems time to take that next step and reveal myself.

I hope this blog will give me the chance to share my running journey, which truly is a work in progress.  Despite participating in a wide range of sports since an early age (including track), I hadn't considered myself a runner until very recently.  I was a swimmer through high school and college (D-III), but after graduation I switched to running the occasional 5k or 10k.  There was even a 10 miler, which, at the time, seemed like a really long way to run.  But my training was sporadic and inconsistent and I can't say I remember enjoying it - there were even runs I ended feeling worse than when I started.  It was not until 2009, when I decided I was going to run a marathon (to cross it off the "bucket" list) and finally got on a regular running schedule, that I found myself looking forward to going for a run.  By the time I crossed the finish line at the 2009 Marines Corps Marathon, I was hooked.

I have no idea what the future holds, but I can only hope that I will continue to see progress as a runner and a person.  This blog is another step along the way.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to bloggy land! :) I look forward to reading your progress, I'm running National Half as well!

gba_gf said...

welcome to the club. And, since it seems we're talking about National, I'm running the National Full w/ a few others from my Posse.

Allison said...

Thanks for stopping by! This will be my second year running the National half. Maybe next year I'll tackle the full.

{will run for margaritas} said...

Representing Arlington! I'm running the National Half, too! Sounds like there is a blog meet-up in our future! Can't wait to read about your running adventures!

Kevin said...

Good luck with your blog.

Kevin
http://halftriing.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Yay Allison!!!!! Hopefully nothing gets in our way of doing the national half together... almost 3 years and we have still yet to run one together :)

Katie said...

Oooh, I'm running the National Half as well...see you there!