Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1) I've started going to the yoga class at my gym on Thursday nights.  I'm really enjoying it, but it has made realize how little upper body strength I have left - my arms are shaking by the end.  I guess I've really made the transition from swimmer to runner.  This is not good for my tri goals.  Time to attempt to get back in the pool on a semi-regular basis...

2) Speaking of tris, I am hopefully getting a bike (on long-term loan) this weekend!  Now I just need to get over my irrational fear of biking.

3) Because of my weekend schedule, I need to do my long run tomorrow morning before work.  Fortunately, it's only 8 miles, but that's still a lot to get in (at least at my long run pace) and means an extra early alarm.  And now you know the real reason I want to get faster - it will buy me a few extra minutes of sleep! :)

3 comments:

LAPT said...

Hey, girl! Soooo for workout clothes...I knew I'd never have time to run outside in the daylight while on the road for work, so I just packed hotel gym clothes. Sports bras and shorts can fold up super small and stuffed in the corners of your suitcase. I also throw my running shoes in my purse and wear my chunkiest pair of shoes (usually boots) on the plane. GOOD LUCK! (Also, I'll re-wear work pants...no one will know the difference!!!)

Anonymous said...

Hope your long run went well today and you can manage your fear of biking. I'm sure you'll love it!

Running Diva Mom said...

Just found your blog! Have a great year of racing!