Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Runner first

This morning I was about 4 miles into my 6 mile tempo run when my vision in my left eye started getting blurry at the corner.  Kind of like it does pre-migraine.  I've only had a few, but they've all started in the same way.  So, of course, I kept running.  I was already having a not so great run, so I figured it couldn't be any worse with slightly fuzzy vision.  Apparently I subscribe to the same philosophy as speedy bloggers T and G - "runner first, logical thinker second."  (Though I should probably note that I was on the treadmill at the gym and not alone outside, so there were plenty of people around if I actually started to feel really bad.  There was a bit of logic in my thinking!)

Post run I took some Excedrin which seemed to stop things from progressing any further.  The vision issues went away relatively quickly and the subsequent headache did not turn out to be so bad.

My legs, on the other hand, have been rather cranky this week.  I will be spending some quality time with my foam roller over the next few days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better soon!!!