Since my brain is all over the place and there were things I was going to write about last week that I wasn't able to, it seems best to put all my random thoughts in bullet point form.
- I have found the contrasting responses to my Goofy registration to be fascinating. I have told a number of family and friends about it and almost everyone (even the runners in the bunch) told me they thought it was crazy (and not in a good way). But everyone who commented on this post was very excited and has thought about doing it as well! Apparently it is a good thing that I started this blog and found the online running community that supports my "crazy" running ideas!
- You may have guessed from my Wordless Wednesday post last week, but I went to the NCAA tournament games at the Verizon Center on Thursday! Even though most of the games were not very competitive, it was a lot of fun.
- I managed to fit in my first two Cupcake Marathon runs and number 3 will be Saturday's National Half. I'm hoping that I have a little leeway to get my results in because I have to head straight from the race to a bridal shower for my friend G and then bachelorette party, so I may not have time to pass them along until Sunday.
- Speaking of the National Half, I can't believe that it is this Saturday! I still need to figure out a race strategy and what to wear. Advanced planning is overrated.
- Tonight is my last track workout. I've really enjoyed going to the track a lot more than I expected that I would and I think it has helped me to improve significantly since January. Hopefully I can get my act together and write a recap of this training cycle. I've learned a lot and I think I will want to have a record of it.