Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday Mix

Life threw a curveball last week and all plans went out the window.  I still managed to get in some of my planned workouts and I'm going to assume that the extra rest will be good for my taper.  Though the benefits might have been negated by the fact that I got way less sleep than usual and had a bizarre/inconsistent eating schedule.  My goal for this week is to get my eating and sleeping back to normal, have some quality workouts, and head into Saturday's race physically and mentally prepared.

Since my brain is all over the place and there were things I was going to write about last week that I wasn't able to, it seems best to put all my random thoughts in bullet point form.
  • I have found the contrasting responses to my Goofy registration to be fascinating.  I have told a number of family and friends about it and almost everyone (even the runners in the bunch) told me they thought it was crazy (and not in a good way).  But everyone who commented on this post was very excited and has thought about doing it as well!  Apparently it is a good thing that I started this blog and found the online running community that supports my "crazy" running ideas!
  • You may have guessed from my Wordless Wednesday post last week, but I went to the NCAA tournament games at the Verizon Center on Thursday!  Even though most of the games were not very competitive, it was a lot of fun.
  • I managed to fit in my first two Cupcake Marathon runs and number 3 will be Saturday's National Half.  I'm hoping that I have a little leeway to get my results in because I have to head straight from the race to a bridal shower for my friend G and then bachelorette party, so I may not have time to pass them along until Sunday.
  • Speaking of the National Half, I can't believe that it is this Saturday!  I still need to figure out a race strategy and what to wear.  Advanced planning is overrated.
  • Tonight is my last track workout.  I've really enjoyed going to the track a lot more than I expected that I would and I think it has helped me to improve significantly since January.  Hopefully I can get my act together and write a recap of this training cycle.  I've learned a lot and I think I will want to have a record of it.

4 comments:

Katie said...

can't wait for saturday! hopefully i can keep up with you for the whole thing. :)

Beth said...

Good luck on Saturday! I'll be running along with you!

Anonymous said...

You'll be fine with the lower mileage week! Clearly I'm playing catchup!

Anonymous said...

Advanced planning is over-rated! I am the worst procrastinator ever and even when I try my best, I never seem to be planned out!

good luck this weekend!!!