Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1. I am excited for the Four Courts Four Miler on Saturday.  I can walk to the start and there's lots of post-race beer.  What could be wrong with a race like that?  Oh, right, a giant hill.  As you may have noticed from my previous posts, I have been working on building up the awfulness of the hill in my head over the last few weeks.  I am hopeful that my strategy has worked and maybe, just maybe, the hill won't be quite as bad as I have pictured it in my head.  Or it will be, but at least by the time I know for sure I will be done!


2. I can't believe that the National Half Marathon is only a little more than two weeks away!  I feel like I have been thinking about this race for so long (I did sign up last July!) that it's strange to think that it is almost here.  I'm still figuring out pacing and how to approach the race, but I think I'm pretty close to deciding what my race plan will be.   I'll probably have a longer post about this in the next week or so, but any suggestions are welcome!


3.  I have also started thinking about my post-National Half schedule and realized that I have nothing on the calendar after the Broad Street Run on May 1.    I have a few other ones tentatively in my head, but nothing firm, and now I have major race registration itch.  Fortunately, a few of the ones I have been eyeing are opening registration soon, so I shouldn't have to wait too long for my fix.  I think I've narrowed my fall marathon choices to Philadelphia, Richmond, or Outer Banks.  They all fall in the time frame I am looking for (mid-November), are relatively easy for me to get to, and where I have friends to visit/stay with.  If you have run any of them, I'd love to hear about it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK ON SATURDAY!!!

I know 15 days until the half, Yikes!

Cristina's doing Broad St too, and I'm still thinking about it! :) I've done Outer banks, they have you go off road during the beginning of the race, I remember being completely pissed, since it was a newly mulched area and very soft footing. But otherwise, a nice course.

Katie said...

ooooh, broad street!

philadelphia is a GREAT course (my hometown :)

have a great race this weekend!

Rachel said...

good luck on saturday! i've wanted to do outer banks for a while, i'm thinking maybe next year for me. all 3 look great though!