Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

October Recap

Miles: 168.71

X-Training: 4 (2 pool runs, 2 elliptical)

Rest Days: 7

Race(s): Army 10 miler - new 10 mile PR (1:23:33)!

New gear: Red arm sleeves (with pockets!) to wear in the marathon. :)

Workout goals:
I did well achieving my running goals, but not any others.  This really shouldn't come as a surprise to me after last month!

Continue to push the pace in workouts - I finally had that breakthrough I was hoping for mid-month and really dropped my times for both interval and tempo workouts.

Strong long runs - I continued my string of long run successes and both 20 milers went extremely well.  After 21 miles in cold rain, I feel prepared for whatever weather marathon day hands me!

Try again with the planks - Like September, this was a total failure. 

Non-workout goal: I was also planning to work on redesigning this blog.  Didn't even get started.

Ice cream flavor of the month: Pumpkin

October was a very good running month for me.  I ran a new 10 mile PR, had a lot of strong workouts at the track and two good 20 mile runs.  I feel confident heading into my taper and can't wait to run a marathon in 3 weeks!

November Preview

Workout goals:
November is marathon month, so I'm keeping my list of goals short and sweet.

Stay injury-free and sane during taper - Pretty self explanatory. I'm hoping to keep the taper crazies away as long as possible!

Crush the Philadelphia marathon - I know I have it in me to run a great marathon. And on November 20, I will!

Races: National Race to End Women's Cancer 8k (Nov. 6) and the Philadelphia marathon (Nov. 20)!!!

Non-workout goal: I'm not even going to attempt anything.  I know this month will be dominated by the marathon!

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Fantastic! You killed it last month! It was also great running with you this morning. :-)

Sarah said...

Philly is so close! You have been training so hard. I know you are going to have a great marathon.

amy said...

Your arm sleeves are much, much cooler than mine.

AKA Darkwave, AKA Anarcha, AKA Cris. said...

Congrats on the breakthrough - you've been running really well!

Katie said...

Can't WAIT for Philly!!!

Beth said...

Its been an AWESOME month for running for you! I hear all about your ass-kicking on the track :) So excited for Philly!

Rachel said...

so excited to see how you do in philly!