Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

January Recap

So this is a week late, better late than never I guess. 

Miles: 99.09 miles
(had I know I was this close to 100 I would have run the extra .91.  I guess I should be keeping a running tally)

X-Training: 10 sessions (Elliptical - 4x, Stationary Bike - 2x , Yoga - 3x)

Rest Days: 6

Race(s): BRATS Frozen 5k: 25:58 (New PR!)

New gear: A bike!  I've yet to take it out on the road (still need to take it in for a tune-up), but I'm excited to start riding.

Non-workout goal: Start a blog (achieved!)

Ice cream flavor of the month: Edy's Butterfinger

All in all, January was a good month.  I started off with a new 5k PR and then jumped right into training for the National Half marathon.  I found my motivation falling off towards the end of the month, but I still got in all of the workouts I had scheduled.  I also returned to the track for the first time in a very long time and had fun finding some speed.

February Preview

Workout goals: Keep going to yoga once a week
                           Get back in the pool (at least once - baby steps!)
                           Keep up quality training for the National Half
                         
Races: None on the schedule right now, but I'm still considering the GW Birthday 10k and mile.

Non-workout goal: Clean up the clutter in my apartment!  I've got too much stuff that I don't use and it's time for a good deep cleaning.  I tackled my desk over the weekend, but there's plenty left to do.

4 comments:

MCM Mama said...

Hate it when I miss 100 by a small amount. ;o)

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Would you like to be added to the page I made of DC/MD/VA running bloggers?

Katie said...

ooh, i'm considering those GW races too! i was 2 miles short of 100 for the month and had to lock up my running shoes to not go out. :) congrats on a great month!

Heather said...

Love reading your blog, Allison. I am learning so much. You GO girl! February will be even better. :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on January, I ran Brats last year, that's a fun race, NICE PR! Hope to see you at the GW10k! Let me know if you're running it!