Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1. Despite a strong start and a big early lead, my team lost.  Mark your calendars now, the rematch is March 5th!

2. I've been on the lookout for a good running jacket.  I have cold weather running clothes, but not that good outer layer to block the wind.  For the last few weeks I've had my eye on a Craft jacket at Running Warehouse.  I'd been dragging my feet ordering it because I couldn't decide if I wanted the black (practical) or red (fun). Yesterday I got an email that there was a sale on the sale items!  Clearly a sign that I needed to buy it (and a few other things - I may have a slight problem when it comes to that site).  I went with fun and got the red one!

3. I made a real rookie fueling mistake before my long run last weekend and paid the price.  As I mentioned in my post about last year's snow, I didn't run on Saturday morning because it was drizzly and cold.  I intended to wait until Sunday, when it was supposed to be really nice, but then I made the decision that I should just go ahead and run on Saturday afternoon.  I'm not really sure why I decided this since I wasn't mentally into the run from the very beginning.  And by about 2 miles in, I knew that my stomach wasn't going to let me get to 10 miles.  I ended up making it about 5.5 - with a fair amount of walking mixed in.  This is what happens when you have ice cream with lunch and decide to run 2 hours later.  Not my smartest moment.

3 comments:

Katie said...

i make the food mistake all the time. last week i had pasta for dinner an hour before a tempo workout. FAIL STOMACH.

Jen Feeny said...

I love that you got the red jacket! That is def fun AND bright! Which means it's the safer bet!

Bummer about the tummy issues... We all make these mistakes just got to file it in the reminder section of what NOT to do before your long run. :)

Anonymous said...

ha, yeah I had a half a pizza pie two weeks ago before my long run. FAIL! :)

Yay! RED!!!