1. I BIKED TO WORK TODAY!!!! Sorry, just a little bit excited about the fact that I actually finally did it (made it here in one piece). I don't think it's something I'm going to do every day, but hopefully I can ride a few days a week. It definitely makes sense if I go down to Hains before work to ride. Why head back out of DC to get changed and then come back in for work on Metro?
2. Happy National Donut Day! I hope you all are able to celebrate. I did, by starting my day with this:
3. I was glad to hear that I am not the only person who has no idea how to do anything with their bike other than ride it (and I don't even do that all that well sometimes)! Thanks for all of your supportive comments on my post, I feel a little less embarrassed about my panic attack on Saturday night! I did go buy a basic book on bike maintenance and repair (what can I say, I'm a librarian) and will be keeping my eye out for some kind of class I could attend.
4. I have a feeling I'll be trying on bike shoes somewhere this weekend. Does anyone have any recommendations? As with all things bike related, I have no idea what I should be looking for and I find all the options somewhat overwhelming!
5. My hated (and sometimes loved) Asics 2150s finally have enough miles to be retired! It's always fun debuting a new pair, especially when they are Carolina blue! :) For now I'll just be using two pairs of the NB 760s, but I have been debating getting a pair of 2160s to switch things up.