Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

CSA Week 6

This week wasn't quite as exciting since I didn't end up getting any "new to me" vegetables in my CSA delivery.

Green peppers, corn, yellow squash, zucchini, cucumber, onion 

Cucumber
I cut this up and took it in my lunch.

Corn, Green pepper, onion, yellow squash
All of these became part of veggie burrito filling that I make on a semi-regular basis.  I also added black beans, tomato and green chiles to the mix.  I love this because it is relatively quick and easy to make and leaves me with a bunch of leftovers.  It also reheats well.



Zucchini
I was most creative with the zucchini this week.  I made two loaves of zucchini bread using a recipe from my Better Homes & Gardens cookbook.  It is also available online.



 Despite the fact that I made this on two separate nights, I forgot to take a picture of the full loaf both times.

I also made a quick and tasty pasta dish based on a recipe created by Heather over at Dietitian on the Run.  I didn't have purple onions or basil so I left those out, but otherwise I followed her instructions.  It was really tasty and I never would have thought to mix Greek yogurt into my pasta sauce!



4 comments:

Victoria said...

I love love love zucchini/squash season. I also love Mexican dishes based on zucchini/squash. I love zucchini bread. Please have me over for dinner. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

YUM! Looks similar to my recent CSA delivery! I got some yummy tomatoes though and I can't wait to eat them up!!!

Sarah said...

What is CSA? and all the food looks really good. I like making green and yellow squash, with onions and green beans. It's one of my favs.

Rachel said...

looks very similar to my eats this week! we got squash and zucchini in our box, too. i've almost consumed my entire loaf of zucchini bread (in one week!), mainly because i've been smothering it in maple almond butter - SO good : ) i love the idea of a veggie burrito - filling and healthy!