Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

April Recap

Miles: 93.86

X-Training: 12 (Bike - 3, Stationary Bike - 1, Elliptical - 4, Swimming - 4)

Rest Days: 3

Race(s): Crystal City 5k - 23:34 (new 5k PR!)

New gear: I finally got a pair of Nike Tempo shorts.  I'm not sure what took me so long, but I guess now I can finally call myself a runner. ;-)

Workout goals: 
Yoga once a week - FAIL.  I just haven't felt like going recently so I haven't put in the effort to make it to a class

Biking and swimming at least 3 times (each) - Done. I made it out on the bike 3x and to the pool 4x
Register for a a triathlon. Not done. I was a hesitant after my knee was bothering me on the bike, so I've been waiting to see how it does for a little while before committing to anything.
Keep up a good running base while training without a specific plan - Done.  April ended up being a pretty decent month for me, mileage-wise
Non-workout goal: Clean up the clutter in my apartment.  Once again I failed to work on this.  I think I may need to focus on something else for a while.

Ice cream flavor of the month: None.  For some reason I ate hardly any ice cream this month.  I don't know what happened, but I believe it is called "Easter candy"

April was a good month for cross (triathlon) training.  I managed to stick to my plan of swimming once a week and also took my bike out three out of four Sundays.  I know that if I want to improve (or even just feel comfortable) on the bike, I'm going to have to start fitting in time to ride during the week as well.  On the running front, I was preparing for the Broad Street Run and also ran a 5k at the last minute.  I knew I had some room to improve my 5k time, but shocked myself with the actual results!

May Preview

Workout goals:  Swim once a week
                            Bike more than four times
                            Get back to the track/speedwork to prep for a 10k in June
                            Similar running mileage to April, even though I have no longer races anytime soon
    
Races: Broad Street Run on May 1 (recap coming soon)

Non-workout goal: Weed out and donate those winter clothes that I don't really wear and get the rest of them put away for the summer. (Still on the clutter theme, but maybe if I'm more specific I can actually get something done!)

6 comments:

Jen Feeny said...

Look at you creeping up on the hundo club for the month! Well done! Congrats on the 5k PR and I hope that knee is feeling better ASAP!

Anonymous said...

hahaha, Easter Candy! ;) yum! Congrats on all your PR's and a fab month!!

Katie said...

awesome month!! i still do not have nike tempo shorts.

RunToTheFinish said...

love your goals.. sticking to track work is my biggest thing! i know i need to do it, but it's hard!

LAPT said...

This is awesome! Great job this month. :-)

On the non-workout side, I LOVE going through my closet and finding old gems and getting rid of the duds. My mom has taken over THREE FULL (nearly walk-in) closets back home and yet only wears 5 outfits. As a reaction, I think I donate clothes 6 times a year...

Liz said...

Congrats on your new PR! I need to follow your lead and clean out my closet asap.